Monday, June 1, 2015

Quebec City, Quebec (Canada)

Last month we spent a week traveling around Canada and Maine. We visited Montreal, Quebec City, and Acadia National Park, along with a lot of scenic routes in-between!  We love to travel and explore new places but we hadn't ventured far from home in a while, so this trip was a real treat! 

I love to take pictures and I go pretty wild when we travel. Every now and then I'll be sharing some pictures from our little adventures because there are so many beautiful things to see in this world! I've selected a few of my favorite pictures from Quebec City for this post. It is an enchanting city and seems to have something beautiful and amazing around every corner. 






My favorite things to photograph (besides my family) are churches. I could get lost in a single church for hours soaking in every detail of every sculpture, mosaic, pattern, lay-out, everything! On this particular trip we visited two gorgeous churches, Notre-Dame Basilica of Montreal and Sanctuaire de Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupre just outside Quebec City. The latter honors St. Anne, the mother of Mary and the patron saint of Quebec. It is a sight to behold and can be seen from quite a distance on the highway leading up to it.







Outside the Sanctuaire de Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupre is a steep hill. A path leads you up through the 14 Stations of the Cross, with a life-size sculpture at each station. The crucifixion scene is just below the top of the hill. This was the most powerful representation of the Stations of the Cross that I have ever seen. 





I will be sharing pictures from Montreal and Acadia National Park in future posts! 

Do you want to capture every detail when you travel, too? What are your favorite things to photograph?

No comments:

Post a Comment