Monday, April 6, 2015

Chinese New Year

I'm a little late in getting around to writing this post but this project really was a big motivator for starting this blog. That being said... Happy (belated) Chinese New Year! I'm not a superstitious person but I've always found a lot of fun in reading horoscopes, palm reading, tarot cards, and personality assessments. The year of the Ram has such good forecasts for me that I wanted something to remind myself of them throughout the year (the general feeling of good things to come, if not the actual specifics). 

The drawing was done in Corel Painter and after being printed I added two paper frames in glittery gold and black.

TickledBug

A quick search on Pinterest brought up this cute origami paper lotus tutorial on iCreativeIdeas.com (flowers can also be purchased at Fish and Lotus Etsy shop). So, I raided my daughter's construction paper stash and made 8, since the ram is the 8th animal of the Chinese zodiac and a lucky number in Chinese culture. At the center of each flower I placed a wish for the year. Then I strung them together and put them up on my wall in my little corner!

TickledBug

TickledBug

No comments:

Post a Comment